These cheesy zucchini boats are loaded with flavour! The perfect vegetarian all-in-one dish that’s super simple to make, low-carb, tasty and healthy – just the way we like it.
- 1 medium-sized zucchini
- 2 garlic cloves
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 475 ml baby spinach
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp unsweetened marinara sauce
- 225 g goat cheese
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C).
- Slice the zucchini in half length-wise and use a spoon to scrape out the seeds (don’t throw them away!). Put the zucchini boats on a baking sheet.
- Peel the garlic cloves and slice them thinly with a knife. Fry the garlic in about half of the olive oil in a skillet over medium heat until it gets a little bit browned. Add the baby spinach and zucchini seeds. Season with a pinch of salt and ground black pepper.
- Spread out the marinara sauce over the zucchini boats and top with the fried baby spinach and garlic. Sprinkle the goat cheese on top.
- Bake for about 20–25 minutes or until the zucchini is as tender as you’d prefer and the cheese has got a nice golden colour.
- Drizzle the zucchini boats with the rest of the olive oil and season with some freshly ground black pepper before serving.
If you don’t like goat cheese you can replace it with any other high fat cheese of your liking. For example shredded cheddar or mozzarella.
One garlic clove can be replaced with about 1/4 tsp of garlic powder.
You can serve this dish as it is or add some leafy greens on the side, drizzled with balsamic vinegar and olive oil.