Crispy mug bread topped with a well-balanced, piquant smoked salmon and horseradish cream. Small sandwich, big flavor, keto magic all the way!
- 200 g smoked salmon
- 125 ml mayonnaise or sour cream
- 30 g fresh horseradish, grated
- 2 tbsp (15 g) almond flour
- 2 tbsp (15 g) coconut flour
- 1½ tsp (7 g) baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- 2 eggs
- 2 tbsp heavy whipping cream
- 1 tsp butter
- 2 tbsp butter
- 15 g arugula lettuce
- ¼ small zucchini, finely sliced (optional)
- Chop the salmon into small pieces and mix with mayonnaise and freshly grated horseradish. Set aside in the refrigerator until it’s time to serve.
- Mix together all dry ingredients for the bread. Crack in the egg and stir in the cream. Combine until smooth. Pour into well-greased mugs or glass moulds. 1 egg equals one portion / mug.
Microwave on high (approximately 700 watts) for 2 minutes. Check if the bread is done in the middle – if not, microwave for another 15-30 seconds.
- Let cool and remove from the mug. Slice in half and toast for best taste and texture.
- Spread butter on each slice, add lettuce leaves, thinly sliced zucchini and a generous dollop of the salmon and horseradish cream. Top with crushed pink peppercorns.
Delicious for lunch, for a snack or for a buffet. If you’re entertaining, you can cut the bread in smaller slices to be able to serve more guests at the same time.