Directors Nicholas Chapman & Steve Grant have over 30 yrs combined experience owning, running and managing business’ in the fitness industry. Their past success has always come from creating business’ with a team culture driven to professional and personal growth. “We genuinely care about our people and our people are 100% committed to looking after our members”.
Rushcutters Health is no different. We have the highest standards in trainer qualifications, ongoing team development, positive and productive community culture and embracing a holistic approach to personal training. Our team is humble but 100% committed to being the team that is the benchmark in results based personal training.
Director + Senior Coach
With 13 years experience and continuous education in the Health and Fitness Industry, Nicholas has a commitment to support others to achieve their best imaginable self.
As director and founder of 3 of Australia’s leading fitness studio’s, Nicholas believes in a holistic and integrated approach to achieving a specific goal.
A respected authority on clean eating and functional movement, Nicholas has overseen the effective creation and implementation of over 5,000 goal specific programs. His extensive work in creating these bespoke programs has resulted in thousands of Australians living a healthy and more fulfilling life.
Director + Senior Coach
Steve has been in the fitness industry now for over 19 years as a gym owner, university lecturer, magazine contributor and is considered one of Australia’s leading authorities in personal training and fat loss.
Steve studied at Wollongong University and has an elite sporting background in athletics and played rugby league for the Cronulla sharks and in the south of France.
Experience: Exercise Science Swansea University, GP exercise referral/ Crossfit coach
Favourite Food: I can’t commit to a favourite. That’ll be like asking which child do you love more.
Favourite Exercise: Squats
Favourite Quote: “Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live it’s whole life believing that it is stupid” – Albert Einstein
Why I got into the industry: I have a deep passion for strength/conditioning, rehabilitation and all things exercise. I jumped at the opportunity to make this my profession and have never looked back.
One piece of advice for clients: Great things take time.
Experience: Poliquin Bio signature Practitioner, 8 years personal training experience.
Favourite Food: Salmon and sweet potato
Favourite Exercise: Squats
Favourite Quote: ‘It matters not how long you live but how well’
Why I got into the industry: I love being able to improve both the quantity and quality of people’s lives through nutrition and exercise
One piece of advice for clients: Consistency is king
Experience: Strength and Conditioning Level 1, Cert 3 & 4 in Fitness, CrossFit Coach
Favourite exercise: Anything outdoors an adventurous, hiking, and bike riding are currently favorites
Favourite food: Mangoes and ice cream
Why I got into the industry: I followed my heart to a profession that provides me with a huge sense of fulfillment. Sharing my knowledge with clients I work with to achieve a healthier and happier life is the best job in the world
Favourite Quote: Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention or arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming, “Wow! What a ride!”
Advice for clients: Work hard to achieve your goals, but never forget to celebrate your success.
- Experience – Cert III & IV in Fitness, Holistic/Ayurvedic Health, Mobility, Fat Loss, Hypertrophy Training & HIIT Training.
- Favourite Food – Scrambled eggs with chives, crispy bacon (both free range of course!), wilted spinach, and smashed avocado on gluten free toast.
- Favourite Exercise – All things gymnastic rings & deadlifts.
- Favourite Quote – The secret to having it all is knowing you already do.
- Why I got into the industry – In my eyes health is wealth, to challenge myself everyday on becoming stronger & smarter, to help others move and eat at an optimum level.
- One piece of advice for clients – Always look at the bigger picture that lies ahead, do it with purpose, intention & love. Enjoy the journey no matter what life throws at you, every struggle, sweat & tear will be worth it in the end.
- Experience: Bachelor of Sport & Exercise Management (UTS), Cert 3&4 in fitness, FRC mobility specialist
- Favourite Food: Carrot Cake
- Favourite Exercise: Chin-ups & Dips
- Favourite Quote: ‘The obstacle is the way’- Marcus Aurelius
- Why I got into the industry: To learn as much as possible and help others get the benefit that I did from making health and fitness a part of my life
One piece of advice for clients: Starting is always the hardest part. When your mind tells you to stop your are probably on the cusp of a break through.
- Experience: 3 for 1: teacher, award-winning restaurateur, and personal trainer.
- Favourite food: I’m finding it hard to decide between a big fat juicy steak, with homemade crispy chips and fresh green salad or perfectly executed sushi with the freshest of seafood — mmmmm.
- Favourite exercise: Skiing followed by a glass of pinot and a log fire, or failing that — my beats, a cable machine and a shoulder routine.
- Favourite quote: Can I channel Oscar Wilde: “I’m a man (woman) of simple tastes. I’m always satisfied with the best.”
- Why I got into the industry: “Zen and the Art of Personal Maintenance”: strength and conditioning training and wanting to share that with others.
- One piece of advice for clients: Embrace discontent — it’s the first step towards progress.
- Experience: Cert III and IV in Fitness, HIIT training, group instructor.
- Favourite food:Everything that tastes good!
- Favourite exercise: I really don’t have a favourite one. I enjoy exercises that make me feel good, challenge me and help me to achieve my goals.
- Favourite quote: “If you can’t love yourself, how in the hell are you gonna love somebody else?” – RuPaul
- Why I got into the industry: I studied engineering, but found it really dry. I wanted to work with people and decided to study fitness. I absolutely love it. There is nothing better than helping others and seeing the happiness on their faces, when they achieve their goals.
- One piece of advice for clients: You can’t control your thoughts, but you can control how you act — leave all the bad thoughts behind, think positively and make the right decisions.