Breakfast made easy. Cook up this keto casserole on Sunday and you’re all set for breakfast for the coming week. Easy, protein packed, and durable enough to eat on-the-go. Did we mention bacon (and mushrooms)?
- 170 g mushrooms, in quarters
- 280 g bacon, diced
- 28 g butter
- 8 eggs
- 240 ml heavy whipping cream
- 300 ml (140 g) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 tsp onion powder
- salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 200°C.
- Fry the bacon and mushrooms in butter in a skillet over medium-high heat until golden brown. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Place contents of the skillet in a greased baking dish.
- Add remaining ingredients to a medium-sized bowl and whisk to combine. Season with salt and pepper.
- Pour egg mixture over the bacon and mushrooms and bake in the oven for 30-40 minutes or until golden brown on top and set in the middle. Cover with a piece of aluminium foil if the top of the casserole is at risk of burning before it’s cooked through.