Looking for the best white high-protein bread that’s also gluten-free and low in carbs? Look no further! Even if you are a novice bread baker you will have no trouble with this recipe. With 1 net carb and 7 grams of protein per slice, it’s the perfect bread for healthy sandwiches.
- 85 g (110 ml) greek yogurt (0% fat)
- 2 large eggs
- 120 ml (50 g) whey protein isolate (unflavored)
- 120 ml (55 g) almond flour
- 1⁄2 tbsp ground psyllium husk powder
- 1 tsp baking powder 1⁄4 tsp salt
- 1⁄4 tbsp sesame seeds (optional)
- Instructions are for 20 servings. Please modify as needed.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Line the bread pan, about 5 x 10 inches (12 x 24 cm), with parchment paper.
- Add the yogurt and eggs to a big bowl and mix until smooth. Add the rest of the ingredients and combine until free of lumps.
- Pour the batter into the bread pan and sprinkle it with some sesame seeds (optional). Bake for about 25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center of the loaf comes out dry. Let the bread cool before slicing it.
Recommended special equipment
Baking pan, 5 x 10 inches (12 x 24 cm)
Slice the bread before freezing it. Thaw it slightly and toast it before serving.
Store the bread in a zip lock bag in the fridge. It will keep fresh for about a week.
Fat-free yogurt is packed with protein that’s why we used it in this recipe. But feel free to use full-fat yogurt for a more moist bread with a bit less protein.