Chocolatey. Coconut-tastic. Seed-a-rific. Oh, yes. We went there with this recipe. Dark chocolate with tons of nuts and seeds, makes a fantastic low-carb snack!
- 100 g dark chocolate with a minimum of 70% cocoa solids
- 10 hazelnuts or pecans or walnuts
- 2 tbsp (10 g) roasted unsweetened coconut chips
- 1 tbsp (8 g) pumpkin seeds
- sea salt
- Melt the chocolate in a double boiler or in the microwave oven in 20 second intervals.
- Bring out 10 small cupcake liners, no bigger than 2 inches in diameter.
- Add the chocolate to the cupcake liners.
- Add nuts, coconut chips, seeds and lastly a few salt flakes if you like the saltier flavour.
- Let cool and store in the refrigerator.
If you don’t have cupcake liners, you can just pour the chocolate in a small baking dish with parchment paper, no bigger than 8 inches x 8 inches. Spread nuts and coconut flakes on top and when the chocolate has hardened, break up into nice uneven pieces. You can also add chili for flavour, and perhaps some dry berries if you’re not that sensitive to sugar.
Also, you can mix and match the nuts for your own unique flavour profile!