- 650 g chicken breasts
- 2 eggs
- 2 tbsp Italian seasoning
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- ½ tsp salt
- 240 ml (80 g) shredded Parmesan cheese
- 60 ml (4 g) fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 450 g (450 ml) crushed tomatoes
- 1 tbsp dried oregano
- salt and ground black pepper
- 220 g mozzarella, mini cheese balls
- 85 g (650 ml) baby spinach
- Preheat the oven to 225°C.
- Put the chicken breast fillets on a cutting board covered with aluminium foil or parchment paper. Slice the fillets lengthwise in two thinner pieces. Cover with foil or parchment paper and pound with a meat mallet to make them even thinner. Salt and pepper.
- In a deep bowl or plate, whisk together eggs, Italian seasoning, cayenne pepper and salt. In another deep bowl, combine parmesan cheese and parsley. Dip the chicken in the parmesan, then the egg mixture, then the parmesan again.
- Heat the oil and butter in a frying pan and fry until the fillets get a nice colour, approximately 2 minutes on each side. Set aside.
- Fry the garlic in the same pan and add the crushed tomatoes. Sprinkle with oregano, salt and pepper. Let simmer for 5-10 minutes.
- Pour the sauce into a baking dish. Add the chicken on top and top with small pieces of fresh mozzarella. Bake for 10-15 minutes in the oven or until the cheese has melted completely.
- Serve with baby spinach.