Melt-in-your mouth, crispy swede fritters are high in iron, low in carbs, and easy to prepare! Whip them up and pair with bacon and mayo for an unbeatable ketosis combination.
- 450 g swede
- 175 g halloumi cheese
- 4 eggs
- 3 tbsp (20 g) coconut flour
- 1⁄8 tsp turmeric
- ½ tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- 75 g butter, for frying
- 175 g bacon
- 240 ml mayonnaise
- 150 g leafy greens
- Rinse and peel the swede. Grate coarsely with a grater or in a food processor. Shred the cheese the same way.
- Mix cheese and swede with the other ingredients in a bowl. Let sit for a few minutes.
- Form 12 patties with your hands and place in frying pan with a generous amount of butter. (Or use a large spoon and scoop mixture directly into pan.)
- Fry on medium heat. Turn the patties after a few minutes. Lower the heat towards the end. Keep cooked fritters warm in a warm oven.
- Serve with a green salad and a dollop of mayonnaise, perhaps flavoured with herbs or paprika powder. And don’t forget the bacon…