These cheese and bacon balls aren’t just fantastic, they’re ketotastic! They’re loaded with smoky bacon and sharp cheddar cheese. Can you imagine the look on your guests faces when you put these on the holiday table? Oh, yes. You want these.
- 5 oz. bacon
- 1 tbsp butter
- 5 oz. cream cheese
- 5 oz. (11⁄4 cups) cheddar cheese
- 2 oz. butter, at room temperature
- 1⁄2 tsp pepper (optional)
- 1⁄2 tsp chili flakes (optional)
- Fry the bacon in butter until golden brown. Remove from the pan, and let cool completely on paper towels.
- Crumble or chop the bacon into small pieces and place in a medium-sized bowl.
- In a bigger bowl, mix the grease left over from frying the bacon with all the remaining ingredients by hand, or with an electric handmixer.
- Place the big bowl in the fridge for 15 minutes to set.
- Make 24 walnut-sized balls, using two spoons. Roll them in the crumbled bacon and serve.
You can use any kind of grated flavorful cheese you prefer. If you don’t eat bacon, you can roll the cheese balls in chopped herbs, grated parmesan cheese or chopped nuts. Let your imagination run wild!