Let’s get right to the meat of the matter. In this case, it’s chicken covered in a creamy Alfredo sauce paired with savory cauliflower. No pasta noodles needed to get your Alfredo fix. You may want to double the batch, because it’s fabulous the next day, too. Dig in!
- 140 g bacon, diced
- 900 g boneless chicken thighs
- 2 tbsp butter
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 200 g (1.6 litres) baby spinach
- 240 ml heavy whipping cream
- 240 ml (80 g) shredded Parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper
- 550 g cauliflower
- Fry the bacon until crispy and cooked through. Drain, and set aside in a bowl or on a plate.
- Cut the chicken into strips. Add butter in the same frying pan with the remaining bacon fat and sauté the chicken and garlic. Set aside when the chicken is thoroughly cooked.
- Sauté the spinach until it shrinks, but no more. Set aside.
- Add cream to the pan and let boil for a few minutes. Add parmesan cheese, bacon, chicken, and spinach. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Lower the heat and let simmer while parboiling the cauliflower.
- Divide the cauliflower into small florets, no bigger than walnuts. You can use either fresh or frozen.
- Parboil the cauliflower in lightly salted water for a few minutes. Let drain thoroughly. Add the chicken and sauce. Stir and serve.
Orange or purple cauliflower would be gorgeous in this recipe! For a change, try spiralized zucchini instead of cauliflower. No need to parboil, just add the uncooked zucchini zoodles to the pan with the chicken and Alfredo sauce, stirring until the zoodles are warmed through but not too soft. Serve.