This is the perfect midweek keto meal. It’s quick and easy, healthy, and packed with flavor. Juicy steak bites, fried to perfection in garlic butter, served with fresh veggies, and last but not least… a dressing to die for! After tasting the dressing you will want to use it on everything.
- 60 ml mayonnaise or vegan mayonnaise
- 1 1⁄2 tbsp water
- 2⁄5 tbsp dried tarragon
- 2⁄5 tbsp Dijon mustard 3⁄4 garlic clove, pressed
- 700 ml (170 g) leafy greens
- 170 g cherry tomatoes
- 3⁄4 (150 g) avocado
- 130 g cucumber
Garlic steak bites
- 650 g flank steak or ribeye steaks or sirloin steak, cut into 1″ (2.5 cm) pieces
- 11⁄2 tbsp ghee or butter
- 21⁄4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- salt and ground black pepper, to taste
- Whisk together the dressing ingredients in a bowl and refrigerate.
- Prep the salad as you please and arrange the veggies on a big serving plate or on individual plates.
- Heat up a large frying pan on high heat. Add the ghee or butter. When melted, add the meat and season generously with salt and ground black pepper. When the meat starts to get some color, add the garlic and mix it around. Fry just until the meat is browned on all sides. You don’t want to overcook it, then the meat will get chewy.
- Top the salad with the steak bites, garlic, and meat drippings from the pan. Drizzle the dressing on top or serve it on the side.
What is ghee?
Ghee is clarified butter meaning that the milk protein has been removed. This makes it perfect for frying on high temperatures since it won’t burn as easily as butter.
Ask the butcher if they have steak bites you could buy. Some butchers will charge a lot less for steak bites even if the cut is typically more expensive since the pieces are too small to sell as a full steak.
I don’t eat red meat
You could replace the meat with any meat of your preference. For example chicken, pork tenderloin, lamb or even fish or shrimps. Just make sure to adjust the cooking methods accordingly.
Want juicer steak bites?
If you choose a less tender cut of meat like flank, you can marinate in advance to tenderize and flavor the meat. A combination of tamari, vinegar, olive oil, garlic powder, dried parsley works very nicely with this dish.