Unwrap this bundle, and behold the perfectly cooked and seasoned fish with vegetables nestling inside. Juicy, saucy, and garlicky? Check. Colourful? Oh, yeah. Succulent and fabulous? Absolutely.
- 900 g white fish, in filets
- ½ leek
- 1 yellow onion
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 red bell peppers
- 12 cherry tomatoes
- 1 fresh fennel or pointed cabbage
- 1 carrot
- 75 g pitted olives
- 75 ml fresh thyme or fresh parsley
- 1 lime, in slices
- salt and pepper
- 125 ml white wine
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 150 g butter
- 225 ml mayonnaise
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C).
- Line a roasting pan with foil or parchment paper, making sure there’s enough material for folding and sealing the top of it.
- Cut the fish into serving-sized pieces and place in roasting pan.
- Slice and chop the vegetables and place them evenly with the fish. Add spices.
- Drizzle with wine and oil and add little pats of butter.
- Fold the foil to form as tight a seal as possible. Cover seam with an extra piece of foil, and tightly fold at the joints.
- Bake in the oven for 40 minutes.
- Make the quick aioli by mixing mayonnaise and a minced garlic clove in a small bowl. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve a generous dollop on top of the baked fish and vegetables.
Mix it up! This recipe is super versatile. Use either frozen (thawed) or fresh fish. Use your own favourite fish! Cod, hake, haddock, or grouper are all perfect options. This recipe also works well with plaice fillets that you roll up.
You can also try throwing some peeled or shell-on shrimp into the mix. The simplest, best option is to add peeled and cooked shrimp just before serving. But you can also try adding shrimp toward the end of cooking. Just be careful when opening and resealing the foil package mid-way through, to avoid leaking – or burning your hands with steam!