What is culture?
“Corporate culture is the environment that has influence on the actions and or behavior of the people”
Why is it important?
- Culture is what unites the people
- We are a people business
- If we are not united as a team or with the people are we a successful service delivery business?
My culture onion
Outer ring – Culture
1st layer – The Team – Loyalty – Purpose
‘The team of personal trainers devoted to setting compelling tangible goals for each client along with creating individualised training programs’
Tri Fecta / Connecting circles
- This is where it gets sexy
- Make or break a team
- Can’t be average / we got it or we don’t
Environment / Communication/Behaviour
- Feel Safe and Loved
- Clean and positive
- Sense of accomplishment
- Anxiety about seeing you boss
- Dirty negative place
- Making zero impact
- Do you have set agendas thats discussed among the team also individually
- Is the communication clear and easy to understand
- Is what being said the same for everyone
- Is feedback given in a safe place with room for growth
- Dont have a clue what’s going on within the business
- You have to read between the lines and communication is very gray or open ended
- Whats being said isnt consistent throughout the team
- Being told some harsh truths in front of the team
- Or have the mindset or “ they would do it for me”
- Shared goals
- High standards
- No buy in in team goal
- No or low standards
DO ALL THIS WELL THE LEVEL OF TRUST IS MASSIVE – CULTURE GROWS
- If there is distrust, it can be one of the 2 things or even
- Number 1 is values are not aligned.
- Number 2 simply not doing well in the trifecta
I’ll finishing by saying repeating a quote by Peter Drucker – he reckons ‘Culture eats strategy for breakfast.
You could have the best strategy in the world. If the culture is poor, you need to ask are you really performing to the full potential.
Do you want to be part of the awesome culture at Rushcutters Health? Book two 1on1 Personal Training sessions for just $47