If you’re an Aussie who’s looking for a great gym to work out in and happen to reside in the city of Sydney, then you can consider yourself a very lucky person. Gyms are abundant, which gives you the luxury of picking and choosing what caters best to your needs.
When choosing a new gym, there are a few things that you should look out for. We have come up with some of the most important criteria that the average person will want to cover.
- How far your gym is from your home/workplace.
- Staff. How helpful are the staff and what experience do they have
- Gym membership prices and program options
- Fitness goals. Are you looking to rehabilitate an injury, or prevent one? Are you looking for aerobic dance workouts? Are you looking for powerlifting? Are you looking for athleticism? Are you looking to lose weight? Are you looking to gain muscle?
- Community or anonymity. Would you rather keep a low profile and get your workout in, or would you like to be involved in a small-knit community of fitness lovers?
Regardless of what you’re exactly looking for, listed below are some of Sydney’s top-notch gyms that will surely match your expectations.
- Rushcutters Health. Voted best Personal Training Studio in Sydney in 2019 and 2020, this boutique gym is located next door to the Vibe Hotel in Rushcutters Bay. The state-of-the-art facility contains consult and massage rooms, as well as a brand new strength and cardiovascular workout area. The elite team of 12 trainers also provides outdoor group training in the beautiful Rushcutters Bay Park and individualized training that is tailored to your experience and fitness level. Make sure you get your fingertips on their “3 PT session trial for $30” deal. (save 90%)
- Virgin Active Pitt Street Mall. Located on level 2 of the MidCity centre and spanning 4,437 sqm, our Pitt Street club is everything you’ll ever need, right in the middle of the CBD. Their featured classes include: boxing, grid, reformer pilates, yoga, cycle, body bump, body attack and meditation. Make sure you take a tour of Virgin Active’s premium facilities before you make up your mind.
- Fitness Playground Marrickville:By all means an unconventional training facility that consists of three group fitness studios: The Battleground (strength and HIIT classes), a MindBody studio (yoga, barre, pilates and meditation classes) and a SpinCity (indoor cycling studio). The gym’s also available 24/7 for members no matter how hectic their schedules are. You can also sign up and partake in a virtual spin class in the comfort of your own home.
- Premier Health and Fitness Centre. A huge facility located on 170 Castlereagh St. The gym has a 25 metre indoor pool, sauna and steam room, plunge pool and spa, weight training area, over 55 fitness classes a week and a deluxe cardio centre. If you’re looking to diversify your training regimen and mix things up, then this gym will help you attain your fitness goals.
- Anytime Fitness Surry Hills. A 24/7 gym providing functional, strength and cardiovascular training. If you need extra support and motivation, then the personal trainers are there to guide you and are willing to show you the ropes.