This chicken breast salad is combined with avocado and mayonnaise for an easy creamy, dairy-free, no-cook meal that is perfect for your low-carb diet.
- 450 g chicken breasts
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp olive oil, divided
- 225 ml water
- 2 tbsp mayonnaise
- 1 ripe avocado, pitted and chopped
- 60 ml minced fresh cilantro
- Salt the chicken breast all over.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat with half of the olive oil. When it comes to temperature add the chicken breast and sear 4 minutes on each side. Add the water to the skillet and put a tight fitting lid on it, let it simmer for 3-5 minutes or until the water cooks off.
- Remove the chicken from the skillet and shred it. Let it cool before making the salad.
- For the salad, mix all of the ingredients in a large bowl until well combined and creamy.
- Taste and adjust salt as needed.