Delicious bell peppers stuffed with spicy ground beef and plenty of cheese. An easy-to-make low-carb recipe that feeds the whole family, and looks pretty too!
- 30 g butter, for greasing the baking dish
- 4 green bell peppers
- 4 tbsp olive oil, divided
- 1 yellow onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 650 g ground beef
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 200 g crushed tomatoes
- salt and pepper
- 225 g (475 ml) shredded cheese, divided
- 225 ml sour cream or mayonnaise
- 110 g leafy greens
- Preheat the oven to 200°C. Grease a 9×12 baking dish.
- Cut the peppers in half, lengthwise, and discard the seeds.
- Place the peppers in the baking dish, and drizzle half of the olive oil on top of the peppers.
- Heat the rest of the olive oil in a frying pan, over medium heat. Add the onions and garlic and fry until soft.
- Add the ground beef, and fry until no longer pink. Then add the chili, cumin, salt, pepper and crushed tomatoes. Simmer for 5-10 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in half the cheese.
- Stuff the peppers with ground-beef mixture, sprinkle cheese on top and place in oven.
- Bake in oven for 20-25 minutes, or until the cheese has melted.
- Serve with a dollop of sour cream and leafy greens.