These irresistible kebabs are layered with all the fixings. Tender meat and fragrant veggies in a quick Asian-style marinade, combined with a zesty mayo dip. Get your skewers on!
- 125 ml olive oil
- 60 ml tamari soy sauce
- 1 tbsp cider vinegar
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- 1 tbsp fresh ginger, grated
- 3 garlic cloves, roughly chopped
- 450 g sirloin steak or chuck roast
- 1 green bell pepper
- 1 red onion
- 225 g mushrooms
- 4 skewers (metal or wooden)
- 125 ml mayonnaise
- ½ tbsp fresh ginger, grated
- 2 garlic cloves, finely minced
- 1 tsp tamari soy sauce
- Preheat the grill for 20 minutes on medium heat with the lid down.
- In a bowl, combine all the ingredients for the marinade. Mix well until evenly incorporated. Set aside a few tablespoons of the marinade in a smaller bowl.
- Cut the steak into 1-2-inch (3-5 cm) cubes. Place the cubes in the marinade and combine well. Marinate for 10 minutes.
- Chop green bell pepper into bigger pieces. Cut onion in quarters. Cut mushrooms in half. Everything should be around the same size.
- Build skewers by alternating meat, mushroom, bell pepper and onion. Drizzle skewers generously with the already used marinade.
- Place skewers on preheated grill. Spread them out so they don’t touch. Grill for 15-20 minutes, flipping every 5 minutes. When flipping, brush with reserved marinade. Watch out for the flames!
- Combine all ingredients for the dip. Serve with kebabs and enjoy!
- No grill prep
If you want to cook the kebabs in the oven, preheat to 200°C, or use the broiler function. Cook skewers for about 20 minutes or until the meat is cooked to your liking.