Scrambled eggs are an easy low-carb breakfast, and they are also completely customisable. You can jazz them up with all sorts of additions and flavours. A little fresh spinach and some feta give these eggs a Mediterranean twist.
- 4 large eggs
- 2 tbsp heavy whipping cream
- 2 tbsp butter
- 110 g fresh baby spinach
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- salt and ground black pepper
- 60 ml feta cheese, crumbled
- 110 g bacon (optional)
- In a medium bowl, whisk the eggs and cream together until well combined.
- Heat a large skillet over medium low heat and add the butter. Once the butter is melted, stir in the spinach and garlic and let cook until the spinach is wilted. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Pour the egg mixture into the skillet. Cook without disturbing until it just begins to set around the edges. Using a rubber spatula, gently lift and turn the curds from the edge of the pan toward the centre, allowing the uncooked eggs to run back out to the edges. Continue to lift and turn until the eggs are set to your liking.
- Remove the pan from heat and sprinkle with feta cheese. Serve immediately. Add some fried bacon slices if you like!