- 6 large pastured eggs
- ¼tsp Himalayan or unrefined sea salt
- ¾tsp freshly cracked black pepper
- ¼tsp ground ancho chili or another chili powder
- 1cup finely chopped kale leaves stems removed
- 200g organic smoked black forest ham cut into bite size chunks
- ¼cup sliced green olives
- ¼cup sliced kalamata olives
- 1tsp fresh rosemary finely chopped
- 2cloves garlic minced
- Preheat oven to 180C and line a 12- large muffin pan with parchment paper muffin cups.
- Place the chopped kale leaves, pieces of ham, both kinds of olives, chopped rosemary and minced garlic in a large mixing bowl. Stir with a spoon until all the goodies are well distributed. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, add the eggs, salt, pepper, ancho chili powder and whisk vigorously until slightly frothy. Pour that over reserved kale and ham mixture and mix well.
- Divide this egg mixture between the 12 prepared muffin cups. Do not fill the cups more than ¾ of the way to avoid spillage.
- Cook for 22-25 minutes, until eggs are set, and tops start to colour slightly.
- Allow to cool for at least 5 minutes before removing frittata from cups.
- You can serve these immediately, but they are equally good served cold, with a nice green salad, or straight out of the container, standing next to the fridge…