Mama Mia! This speedy keto version of the Italian Bolognese is just as flavourful as the original. The “al dente” cabbage noodles play their part as a healthy stand-in for pasta like a pro. Did we mention that it will be ready in 10 minutes?
- 260 g green cabbage or pointed cabbage, shredded
- 2 tbsp olive oil, divided
- salt and ground black pepper
- 350 g ground turkey or ground chicken
- 120 ml sugar-free tomato sauce
- 1 tbsp Italian seasoning or a mix of garlic powder and oregano
- 4 tbsp shredded Parmesan cheese
- 2 tbsp fresh basil, chopped for garnish (optional)
- Heat up a large skillet with half of the oil. Add the cabbage and a splash of water to the pan. Cook until softened but still firm. Season with salt. Set aside and keep warm.
- Pour the rest of the oil into the same pan. Add the ground turkey and break it apart with a spatula while frying. Season with salt, pepper, and Italian seasoning. Continue frying until cooked through. Add the tomato sauce and let it simmer for a minute or two.
- Serve the Bolognese on top of the cabbage noodles. Sprinkle with Parmesan and some basil if you want to add a splash of colour