Less is more! Salmon, fresh basil and prosciutto. You don’t need anything else in these flavour-dense skewers for the buffet.
- 60 ml fresh basil, finely chopped
- 450 g salmon, frozen in pieces
- 1 pinch ground black pepper
- 100 g prosciutto, in slices
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 8 wooden skewers
- 225 ml mayonnaise
- Soak the skewers.
- Chop the basil finely with a sharp knife.
- Cut the almost thawed lax-filet pieces length-wise and mount on the skewers.
- Roll the skewers in the chopped basil and pepper.
- Slice the prosciutto into thin strips and wrap around the salmon.
- Cover in olive oil and fry in a pan, oven or on the grill.
- Serve with the mayonnaise or a hearty salad and a rich aioli.
Frozen salmon pieces work very well. It’s easier to thread them on the skewer when the fish is still a little bit frozen.