Peppery tender beef meets citrusy butter herb sauce in a perfect combination. Pair it will a salad or green vegetables, it’s an impressive delicious meal that’s simple to make.
- 900 g beef, tenderloin
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp onion powder
- 1 tbsp black peppercorns, coarsely ground
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 250 g butter
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp smoked paprika powder
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tbsp fresh chives, finely chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- 110 g leafy greens
- Mix all of the spice rub ingredients together in a small bowl.
- Sprinkle the spice mix over a piece of cling wrap and roll the beef on it until it is well coated.
- Wrap loosely in the cling wrap and set aside to rest for 30 minutes.
- Heat a grill pan or BBQ over medium-high heat.
- Drizzle the beef with olive oil and sear on all sides for approx. 5-7 minutes each side. To cook the beef to medium rare, cook until the internal temperature reaches 130°F or 55°C.
- Allow meat to rest, covered in foil for 15 minutes before slicing thinly.
- Over medium low heat, add all the sauce ingredients into a small pot and mix gently until the butter melts.
- Whisk well and serve in a dipping bowl and/or drizzled over the beef.
- Serve with a green salad or with steamed vegetables.