Radishes grow below ground, but they are actually very low in carbs (below 3%). Also, they are too pretty not to eat! When you roast them, they get softer and milder in taste and pair perfectly with the cooked chicken breast and fragrant thyme garlic butter. This few-ingredient meal is truly an easy dinner winner.
- 600 g radishes, halved
- 110 g (260 ml) scallions, cut in 1″ (2 cm) pieces
- 3 (650 g) chicken breasts, bone-in with skin
- 3⁄4 tsp onion powder
- salt and ground black pepper
- 11⁄2 tbsp melted butter or olive oil
- 110 g butter, softened
- 3⁄4 garlic clove, minced
- 3⁄4 tbsp fresh thyme, finely chopped
- Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C).
- Trim and cut the radishes and scallions. Distribute the chicken fillets and vegetables on a baking tray. Season with onion powder, salt, and pepper. Drizzle with melted butter or olive oil. Mix to get everything covered in the seasoning.
- Bake in the oven for about 30 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked (no pink inside).
- Stir the butter, garlic, and thyme together in a bowl. Taste and add salt if needed.
- Serve the chicken and veggies with the herb butter. Garnish with fresh thyme.