This famous dessert, featuring an extraordinary taste combination of meringue, whipped cream and fresh berries, was originally created in the 1920s in honor of the Russian ballerina Anna Pavlova. Back then, it was full of sugar. But here’s our sugar-free low-carb version, a guaranteed hit at any table!
- 3 egg whites
- 125 ml (100 g) erythritol
- 225 ml heavy whipping cream
- 150 g fresh raspberries
- Preheat the oven to 200º C.
- Prepare a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Whisk the egg whites until they form stiff peaks.
- When the egg whites are ready, add the erythritol little by little and keep beating until well combined.
- Using a piping bag full of the meringue mixture, or using a spoon, carefully form the meringue bases on top of the parchment paper.
- Put the baking sheet in the oven and switch the oven off.
- Leave the meringues inside the oven until it cools down and the meringue bases become firm and dry. Set the meringues aside until it’s time to assemble the pavlovas.
- Whip the cream until it forms soft peaks.
- Fill the meringue bases with the whipped cream and decorate with the raspberries.