Want a decadent low-carb chocolate treat? Well there’s no such thing as too much chocolate with this low-carb double chocolate brownie, featuring cocoa and dark chocolate. It’s a great dessert for a party, but they’ll go in a flash so be sure to save a few for you!
- 175 g butter, softened
- 125 ml almond butter
- 2 eggs
- 175 ml (125 g) erythritol
- 125 ml (50 g) cocoa powder
- 225 ml (110 g) almond flour
- ½ tsp (2.5 g) baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- 2 tbsp water
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- ½ tsp instant coffee powder (optional)
- 50 g dark chocolate with a minimum of 80% cocoa solids, chopped
- Preheat oven to 175°C degrees.
- Line a 9” by 13” (23 x 33 cm) baking dish with parchment paper.
- Use a hand mixer or stand mixer to combine the butter, almond butter, eggs, and sweetener. Mix well until the sweetener is thoroughly incorporated.
- Add the cocoa powder, almond flour, baking powder, salt, water, vanilla extract, and instant coffee powder and stir until smooth. Lightly mix in the chopped chocolate bar.
- Pour the mixture into the baking dish and smooth with a spatula. The batter will be thick.
- Bake for 25 to 28 minutes or until just set. Do not overbake or the bars will be dry.
- Let cool for 20 to 30 minutes before cutting.