If there’s anything more mouthwatering than the combination of ginger, coconut and curry, we don’t know what it is. Be prepared for a stampede to the dinner table! Bonus: it comes together incredibly quickly.
- 3 tbsp butter or coconut oil
- 1 yellow onion, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp grated fresh ginger
- 1 red chilli pepper, finely chopped or grated
- 1 tbsp red curry paste
- 450 g boneless, skinless chicken thighs, cut into thirds
- 225 g broccoli, cut into florets
- 75 g fresh green beans, cut in halves
- 750 g canned coconut cream or coconut milk (only use solid part)
- salt and pepper
- 650 g cauliflower
- 75 g butter or coconut oil
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp turmeric (optional)
- Melt butter or coconut oil in a large pan.
- Add onion, ginger and chilli pepper and fry until they become fragrant and softened, about 5 minutes.
- Add curry paste and chicken. Fry until chicken is light brown (5–10 minutes). Add more butter or oil if needed.
- Add the broccoli and green beans to the pan.
- Add the coconut cream or milk — only the solid part. Season with salt and pepper, and let simmer for 15 minutes.
- While the chicken is simmering, prepare the cauliflower rice.
- Using a grater or food processor fitted with a metal blade, grate the entire cauliflower head, including the stem.
- Melt butter or coconut oil in a skillet. Add the cauliflower rice and cook over medium heat for 5-10 minutes, or until the rice has softened a bit.
- Add salt and optional turmeric while frying.
- You can also cook the rice in the microwave. Put the rice in a glass bowl, cover with plastic wrap, and microwave it for 5-6 minutes. Mix in the butter or coconut oil and let it melt.
Sunny turmeric is loaded with health benefits, and makes food look irresistible. But it’s not the only spice you can invite to the party. Try an herbed salt, curry powder, or paprika to mix it up!
When you separate the solid parts of the coconut cream or milk, save the excess liquid to make delicious smoothies!