A few ingredients are all you need to make this fast and delicious low-carb pancake. The sugar content is reduced when the banana is not yet very ripe, but the fiber and nutrients remain. The riper the banana, the higher the carbs. Unripe or green bananas have resistant starch that withstands digestion, acting like a soluble fiber and having less impact on blood sugar and insulin release.
- 1 medium unripe banana, mashed
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp (5 g) baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp butter, or ghee for frying
- 30 g fresh blueberries or frozen
- 2 tbsp butter
- Mash banana with a fork or in a blender. Add eggs, cinnamon, baking powder, salt, and vanilla. Mix until it has the consistency of a batter.
- Heat up a skillet on medium-high heat with butter. Spoon in the batter to the size of the desired pancake – up to about 4″ (10 cm) across – is easiest to flip.
- Before flipping while the batter is still runny, distribute a sprinkling of the berries over the pancake.
- When bubbling, flip over to the other side and fry until golden.
- Serve the hot pancakes with a dollop of butter.
Serve with whipping cream and seasonal berries of choice.