This low-carb dessert comes together in no-time and makes you entire kitchen smell of homemade apple pie.
- 50 g butter, at room temperature
- 30 g pecans or walnuts
- 4 tablespoons coconut flour
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tart/sour apple
- For serving
- 175 ml heavy whipping cream
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 175°C. Mix soft butter, chopped nuts, coconut flour, cinnamon and vanilla to a crumbly dough.
- Rinse the apple, but don’t peel it or remove the seeds. Cut off both ends and cut the middle part in four slices.
- Place the slices in a greased baking dish and add dough crumbs on top. Bake for 15 minutes or more or until the crumbs turn golden brown.
- Add heavy whipping cream and vanilla to a medium-sized bowl and whip until soft peaks form.
- Let the apples cool for a couple of minutes and serve with a dollop of whipped cream.
These baked apples can be served with whipped cream, full-fat crème fraiche or mascarpone. If you’re allergic to nuts you can simply exclude them or substitute them for seeds like sunflower or sesame seeds to keep the crunch.