Take your favourite fast food meal and make it low carb and healthy simply by wrapping it in lettuce. We used our favourite cheeseburger and turned it into a quick, easy low carb dinner recipe.
- 200 g bacon
- 110 g mushrooms, sliced
- 650 g ground beef
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- 110 g (225 ml) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 iceberg lettuce, leaves separated and washed
- In a large skillet, cook bacon to desired crispness. Remove from the pan and set aside. Leave the grease in the pan.
- Add mushrooms to pan and sauté until browned and tender, about 5 to 7 minutes. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Add ground beef and season with salt and pepper. Sauté until beef is cooked through, about 10 minutes, breaking up chunks with the back of a wooden spoon.
- Spoon ground beef into lettuce leaves, sprinkle with cheddar cheese and top with bacon and mushrooms.