- 180 ml almond flour
- 60 ml sesame seeds
- 60 ml coconut flour
- 1 tablespoon ground psyllium husk
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 pinch salt
- 3 tablespoons olive oil or coconut oil
- 1 egg
- 60 ml water
- 2 ripe avocados
- 240 ml mayonnaise
- 3 eggs
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, finely chopped
- 1 red chilli pepper, finely chopped
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 120 ml cream cheese
- 300 ml shredded cheese
- Preheat the oven to 175°C. Mix all the ingredients for the pie dough in a food processor for a few minutes until the dough forms a ball. If you don’t have a food processor, just knead the ingredients together in a bowl using either a fork or your hands.
- Attach a piece of baking paper to a springform pan, no larger than 26 cm diameter. The springform pan makes it easier to remove the pie when it’s done. Grease the pan and the paper.
- Spread dough into the pan. Use an oiled spatula or your fingers. Pre-bake the crust for 10–15 minutes.
- Split the avocado. Remove peel and pit, and dice. Remove the seeds from the chilli and chop finely. Place the avocado and the chilli in a bowl and mix with the other ingredients.
- Pour mixture into the pie crust. Bake for 35 minutes or until lightly golden brown. Let cool for a few minutes and serve with a green salad.
Reap the benefits of leftovers! This pie is just as delicious the next day! It also stores well in the freezer. So, for a super-satisfying lunch, just toss a piece in your lunch bag. Or pack a few slices into your favourite basket and head out for a summer picnic. Or reheat a few pieces for an easy weeknight dinner. Just let those delicious leftovers work for you.