- 50 g coconut oil for greasing the baking dish
- 650 g salmon, boneless fillets or white fish, in pieces
- salt and pepper
- 50 g butter or ghee
- 2 tbsp red curry paste or green curry paste
- 475 ml canned, unsweetened coconut cream
- 125 ml fresh cilantro, chopped
- 450 g cauliflower or broccoli
- Preheat the oven to 200°C. Grease a medium-sized baking dish.
- Place the fish pieces snuggly in the baking dish. Salt and pepper generously and place a tablespoon of butter on top of each fish piece.
- Mix coconut cream, curry paste, and chopped cilantro in a small bowl and pour over the fish. Bake in the oven for 20 minutes or until the fish is done.
- In the meantime, cut the cauliflower into small florets and boil in lightly salted water for a couple of minutes. Serve with the fish.
If you can’t find coconut cream in your grocery store you can use canned coconut milk, but then use two cans. Let the cans sit in the refrigerator for a few hours or over night. Carefully open the cans and scoop out the coconut cream that will have solidified on top.
Don’t use the thinner coconut water from the can for this recipe, but don’t throw it out either. You can save it and use it in smoothies and other refreshing drinks.