Keto pork skewers with cauliflower mash and chimichurri. A quick and easy-to-make keto lunch or dinner, also great your weekly for meal prep. You can fry your skewers on the stovetop, or fire up the grill.
- 14 g (210 ml) fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp small capers
- 1⁄2 tsp sea salt
- 1⁄4 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 garlic clove
- 11⁄2 tbsp fresh cilantro or fresh basil, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 lemon, the juice
- 80 ml olive oil
- 220 g pork shoulder, in slices
- 1⁄4 tbsp ranch seasoning
- 1⁄2 tsp sea salt
- 1⁄2 tbsp butter or olive oil
- 325 g cauliflower
- 28 g butter
- 60 ml (20 g) shredded Parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper
- Place the ingredients for the sauce in a beaker and mix for 1-2 minutes with an immersion blender. You can also use a food processor.
- Cut the pork shoulder slices in inch-thick pieces lengthwise. Sprinkle the ranch seasoning on the meat. Season with extra salt if your seasoning is low-sodium. Place on wooden skewers, cut to fit your frying pan.
- Heat up oil or butter in the pan and fry the skewers for a few minutes on all sides until fully cooked.
- Divide the cauliflower into florets. You can also include the stem, cut it into smaller pieces. Boil the cauliflower in lightly salted water for a few minutes or until soft, but still retaining shape.
- Drain the water. If you want a firmer mash, place the cauliflower in a clean kitchen towel and squeeze out the remaining water.
- Place the cauliflower in a bowl with the butter and parmesan cheese, blend with an immersion blender. You can also use a food processor. Season with salt and pepper and add more butter or olive oil if you like.
- Skip the parmesan cheese for a dairy-free version of this meal.
- You could also add a little onion to the chimichurri for extra bite.
- If you want to vary the flavoring of the meat, try mixing 1⁄2 tablespoon