This delectable flavour-packed cheese and chanterelle pie makes a perfect vegetarian keto meal. A quick and spectacular treat that packs really well for a picnic, complements your summer buffet or turns a dull weekday dinner into a real feast.
- 1 cup (4 oz.) almond flour
- 1⁄3 cup (12⁄3 oz.) sesame seeds
- 1⁄3 cup (11⁄4 oz.) coconut flour
- 1 tbsp ground psyllium husk powder
- 1 tsp baking powder 1⁄2 tsp salt
- 1 egg
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 2 tbsp light olive oil
- 10 oz. mushrooms, chantarelles
- 2 oz. butter, for frying 1 tsp dried thyme salt and pepper
- 4 eggs
- 11⁄3 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup (23⁄4 oz.) shredded Parmesan cheese
- Preheat the oven to 365°F (185°C).
- Mix all ingredients for the pie crust in a food processor for 1-2 minutes, until you get a firm dough. If you don’t have a food processor, just knead the ingredients together in a bowl using either a fork or your hands. Let rest in the refrigerator for 5-10 minutes.
- Roll out dough, about 1/4″ (1/2 cm) thick, between two sheets of parchment paper. You can also spread out the dough with well- oiled hands or a spatula directly in a non-stick pie pan. If you use a springform pan, place parchment paper between the ring and the bottom to make it easier to losen the baked pie.
- Clean mushrooms and fry in butter until golden. Add thyme, salt and pepper to taste. Whisk together the rest of the ingredients and pour into the pie crust.
- Add mushrooms. Save a few pretty ones for decoration / serving. Bake for 30 minutes or until the pie gets a nice golder color and the filling is set. Allow to cool for a few minutes before serving.
This pie can be prepared in advance and it stores well in the freezer.
Thaws best at room temperature and you can gently reheat in a microwave or in the oven on a low temperature. Protect the edges with aluminium foil so it doesn’t get burnt if you reheat it in the oven.