Noodle on this: spicy Asian noodle soup with noodles that aren’t noodles. Well, perhaps they are noodles, but they’re noodles without the carbs. For a flavourful keto take on this ramen-esque classic, dig into a tasty bowl with beef, broth, bok choy, and eggs. Plus noodles
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tbsp sriracha sauce
- 650 g ribeye steaks, thinly sliced
- 4 eggs
- 80 ml coconut oil
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 550 g bok choy, roughly chopped
- 425 g shirataki noodles or zucchini noodles
- 950 ml beef broth
- 60 ml sesame oil
- 240 ml (100 g) scallions, chopped
- 2 tbsp sesame seeds
- 120 ml (8 g) fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 tsp chili flakes (optional)
- Mix the garlic and sriracha sauce in a large bowl. Add the beef and mix until thoroughly coated. Set aside to marinate for at least 10 minutes.
- Place the eggs in a pot and cover with water. Bring to a boil and cook for 5 minutes for soft-boiled eggs and 8 minutes for hard-boiled eggs. Transfer eggs to an ice bath for about 2 minutes, to prevent further cooking. They will also peel easier!
- Add the coconut oil to a large skillet, and warm over medium high heat. Season pan with a pinch of salt and pepper, and then add the bok choy, mixing with tongs until tender crisp. Remove bok choy from pan and set aside. Add the beef to the pan and cook until browned. Transfer to a plate.
- Add the noodles to a colander and rinse thoroughly with cold water.
- In a large pot, add beef broth, and bring to a boil. Lower the heat and add the noodles. Simmer for a few minutes.
- Remove the pot from the heat, add sesame oil and stir.
- Place the fried beef and vegetables in serving bowls. Ladle the noodles and broth into the bowls and garnish with sesame seeds, a sliced soft-boiled egg, and cilantro. Add extra sriracha sauce or chili flakes if you like it spicier!