This keto baked egg dish is so simple, but incredibly flavourful. The best part about it is that you can mix and match any types of fresh herbs and cheeses that you have on hand. With only 15 minutes of cooking time, this is perfect for even the busiest of weekday mornings.
- 125 ml heavy whipping cream
- 60 ml finely grated parmesan cheese, more for garnish
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tsp chopped fresh tarragon, more for garnish
- 1 tsp chopped fresh chives, more for garnish
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- ¼ tsp ground black pepper
- 1 pinch ground nutmeg
- 4 large eggs
- ½ tsp red chilli flakes, for serving (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 220°C.
- Lightly oil medium sized ramekins, one for each portion, and place them on top of a rimmed baking sheet.
- Combine the heavy cream, cheese, garlic, tarragon, chives, salt, pepper, and nutmeg. Whisk until all ingredients are well incorporated. Divide the mixture evenly between the prepared ramekins.
- Crack two eggs into each ramekin. Bake for 15 minutes or until the whites of the eggs are set.
- Garnish with any extra herbs and Parmesan cheese.