A cheeseburger in keto paradise? Sure. Put your “two all beef patties, special sauce, tomatoes, cheese, pickles…” AND bacon into a keto casserole. Then dig in and enjoy!
- 7 oz. bacon, diced
- 1 lb ground beef or ground turkey
- 2 dill pickles, finely chopped
- 2 (8 oz.) tomatoes, diced
- 1 garlic clove, minced (optional)
- salt and pepper
- 2 cups (8 oz.) shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tbsp unsweetened tomato sauce
- 4 oz. (3 cups) lettuce
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C). Grease a 2-quart 9” (22 cm) round casserole dish.
- In a large frying pan, fry the bacon over medium heat until crispy. Set bacon aside, reserving fat in pan.
- Add ground beef to the same pan and increase the heat slightly. Fry while stirring until the ground beef is cooked through.
- Add dill pickles and tomatoes to the pan along with minced garlic, salt, pepper, and 2/3 of the cheese.
- Add ground beef mixture and bacon to the casserole dish.
- Mix eggs, cream, and tomato sauce in a small bowl. Season to taste.
- Pour the egg mixture over the ground beef and add the rest of the cheese on top.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until the casserole turns golden brown. Serve with lettuce and olive oil.
Want onions with that? Perhaps a thin slice, raw, served as a garnish? An 1/8″ (3 mm) thick slice of a medium onion adds about 1g net carbs.