This avocado sauce with crunchy pistachio nuts is a wonderful all-round sauce that can be used as dip or dressing for tons of tasty dishes — for an even tastier result! Perfect for grilled meat, vegetables, fish or poultry.
- 1 cup (2 oz.) fresh parsley or fresh cilantro
- 1 (7 oz.) avocado
- 2⁄3 cup olive oil or avocado oil
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 green chili peppers (optional)
- 1⁄4 cup lime juice
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 oz. pistachio nuts
- In a blender or food processor, add all the ingredients — except the oil and the pistachio nuts — and mix until smooth.
- Add oil and nuts at the end and mix roughly. It’s nice when the sauce is not too smooth and a bit chunky. Add more oil or water for a thinner texture. Salt and pepper to taste.
Store the sauce for 3-4 days in the refrigerator.
You can use it as a dip or dressing for a wide variety of dishes – grilled meat, vegetables, fish or poultry. If you need some more inspiration, check out our Baked eggplant with chorizo – a match made in heaven!