- 125 ml mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon whole-grain mustard
- 4 eggs
- 225 g broccoli
- 110 g kale
- 2 shallots
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 avocados
- 1 pinch chili flakes
- salt or pepper to taste
- Mix mayo and mustard in a small bowl and set aside.
- Boil the eggs any way you like them – soft, medium or hard-boiled. Immediately, place them in ice cold water when they’re done to make them easier to peel. When cooled – divide into halves or quarters.
- Split the avocados, remove the pit and cut in slices.
- Slice the garlic thinly. Heat the oil in a frying pan and carefully fry the slices. Remove the garlic from the pan and place on a paper towel to crisp up. Save the oil in the pan.
- Chop broccoli and kale coarsely. Add a knob of butter to the garlic-infused oil in the pan and fry the vegetables for a couple of minutes on medium high heat until slightly softened.
- Season with salt and pepper and plate with avocado, eggs and the mustard mayo. Finish the dish with fried garlic slices for extra flavour and crunch.
Baby kale or spinach makes the greens extra tender; buy them pre-washed to save on prep-time.