- 650 g pork tenderloin
- 4 wooden skewers about 10-11 inches long (25-28 cm)
- 2 tsp Italian seasoning
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp sea salt
- ½ tsp peppercorns, white
Ribbon Zoodle Salad
- 400 g zucchini
- 2 tbsp fresh mint, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp fresh parsley, finely chopped
- ½ tsp minced garlic cloves
- 1 lemon, juice and zest
- 75 ml extra virgin olive oil
- salt and ground black pepper, for seasoning
- 225 ml mayonnaise
- 1 tsp minced garlic cloves or garlic paste
- 1 tbsp hot sauce
- Remove any silver membrane from the pork tenderloin and cut into bite-sized pieces. In a small bowl, whisk together the marinade ingredients.
- Place the pork in a ziplock bag, and add the marinade. Shake to completely coat the meat. Refrigerate for at least one-half hour, although the longer it marinates, the better!
- While the pork is marinating, soak the wooden skewers in cold water to keep them moist when grilling.
- Use a mandolin, a vegetable peeler or a very sharp knife to shave the zucchini lengthwise into thin ribbon zoodles. Place in a medium-sized bowl with the mint and parsley.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the garlic, lemon zest, lemon juice, and oil. Pour over the zoodles and set aside without tossing.
- Combine the mayonnaise, garlic, and hot sauce in a small bowl and mix to combine. Set aside
- Remove the pork from the fridge and divide it into 4 equal portions. Discard the marinade and thread each portion onto a skewer.
- Pre-heat the indoor grill pan or outside grill, to medium-high heat.
- Grill the skewers for about 4 minutes on each side, or until they reach 62˚C internally.
- Using tongs, lightly toss the zoodles with the dressing, and season with salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste.