Wrap it up! Exactly what goes inside our gluten-free and low-carb flatbread? You decide! We showcase a tasty combo of tuna, eggs, and cottage cheese with hints of chilli and wasabi. But possibilities abound, so have it your way.
- 225 g cauliflower
- 175 g (375 ml) shredded cheese
- 1 egg
- 1 egg white
- 2 tbsp light olive oil
- 1 tbsp dried parsley
- ½ tsp ground cumin (optional)
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp ground black pepper
- 1 – 2 tsp (2.5 – 5 g) ground psyllium husk powder
- 4 eggs
- 225 g (250 ml) cottage cheese
- 125 ml mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp wasabi paste
- ½ tsp chili flakes
- 275 g tuna in olive oil
- 200 g kohlrabis
- 50 g pea sprouts
- salt and ground black pepper, to taste
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C). Divide the cauliflower into smaller pieces and pulse into crumbs in a food processor.
- Add remaining wrap ingredients and mix into a smooth batter. Let sit for 5-10 minutes.
- Spread the batter on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper, about 1⁄4″ (5 mm) thick.
- Bake in the oven for 15 minutes until it turns a nice golden colour. Remove from the oven and turn the bread upside down directly onto another sheet of parchment paper.
- Return to the oven and bake for a few more minutes. Remove from the oven and cut into individual portions. Let cool.
- Place the eggs in boiling water for 8 minutes. Cool in ice water for easier peeling.
- Mix cottage cheese, mayonnaise, wasabi paste and chilli. Season with salt and pepper.
- Finely slice or shred the kohlrabi with a sharp knife or coarse grater. Distribute all of the fillings on the wraps. Fold together and enjoy!
The second best thing about these wraps (taste comes first!) is that you can customise both the wrap and the filling according to your own personal preferences. So get creative and assemble a unique combination each time you serve them.