Mouthwatering. So satisfying. All your favourite pizza flavours, layered on top of a crunchy, cheesy, keto crust that you can eat with your fingers!
- 150 g mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 175 ml (100 g) almond flour
- 2 tbsp cream cheese
- 1 tsp white wine vinegar
- 1 egg
- ½ tsp salt
- olive oil to grease your hands
- 225 g fresh Italian sausage
- 1 tbsp butter
- 125 ml unsweetened tomato sauce
- ½ tsp dried oregano
- 125 g mozzarella cheese, shredded
- Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C).
- Heat mozzarella and cream cheese in a small, non-stick pan on medium heat or in a bowl in the microwave oven.
- Stir until they melt together. Add the other ingredients and mix well.
- Moisten your hands with olive oil and flatten the dough on parchment paper, making a circle about 8 inches (20 cm) in diameter. You can also use a rolling pin to flatten the dough between two sheets of parchment paper.
- Remove top parchment sheet (if used). Prick the crust with a fork (all over) and bake in the oven for 10–12 minutes until golden brown. Remove from the oven.
- While the crust is baking, sauté the ground sausage meat in olive oil or butter.
- Spread a thin layer of tomato sauce on the crust. Top the pizza with meat and plenty of cheese. Bake for 10–15 minutes or until the cheese has melted.
- Sprinkle oregano on top and serve with a green salad.