Everything about this dish is just right. Salmon coated in coconut, succulent cabbage infused with butter – you’ll want to eat this over and over, and over, again.
- 600 g salmon
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 125 ml (50 g) unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp kosher or ground sea salt
- ½ tsp onion powder
- 50 ml olive oil, for frying
- 600 g Napa cabbage
- 110 g butter
- salt and pepper
- lemon, for serving
- Cut the salmon in 1 x 1 inch pieces. Drizzle with olive or coconut oil.
- Mix shredded coconut, salt, turmeric and onion powder on a plate. Toss the salmon pieces in the coconut coating.
- Fry the salmon pieces on medium high heat until golden brown. Keep warm while you prepare the cabbage.
- Cut the cabbage in wedges and fry in butter until lightly caramelised. Season generously with salt and pepper.
- Melt the remaining butter. Serve the salmon, cabbage and melted butter with a few wedges of fresh lemon.