Prep: 20 mins
Cook: 30 mins
Cuts into 12 squares
- 425g can sliced mango in syrup, drained 200g butter, softened
- 225g golden caster sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 200g self-raising flour
- 50g desiccated coconut, plus 3 tbsp for sprinkling
- 140g Greek-style coconut yogurt
- Heat oven to 180C/160C fan/gas 4. Grease and line a 20 x 30cm baking tin with 2 strips of criss-crossed baking parchment. Dry the mango pieces on some kitchen paper, then chop into 3cm pieces and set aside.
- Place the butter and sugar into a bowl, and whisk until smooth and creamy. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Use a spatula to fold through the flour and coconut, then the mango pieces and yogurt. Scrape the mixture into your tin and smooth over the surface, then sprinkle with a little extra coconut. Bake for 30 mins until risen and golden and a skewer inserted into the centre of the cake comes out clean. Cool for 10 mins in the tin, then transfer to a wire rack. This cake is delicious served warm with an extra blob of coconut yogurt, or just as good cold. Keeps in a tin for up to 3 days.