This chilli-covered salmon with spinach is elegant. Spicy. Simple. Delicious. What more can you want out of a dinner?
- 50 g butter or olive oil
- 650 g salmon, in pieces
- salt and pepper
- 125 ml mayonnaise or sour cream
- 1 tbsp chili paste
- 30 g parmesan cheese, grated
- 450 g fresh spinach
- Preheat the oven to 200°C.
- Grease a baking dish with half of the butter. Season the salmon with salt and pepper, and place in the baking dish, skin-side down.
- Mix mayonnaise, chilli paste and parmesan cheese and spread on the salmon filets.
- Bake for 15–20 minutes, or until the salmon is opaque and flakes easily with a fork.
- Meanwhile, sauté the spinach in remaining butter until it’s wilted, about 2 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve immediately with the oven-baked salmon.