- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 450 g broccoli
- 1 yellow onion
- 450 g cooked chicken breasts or turkey
- 400 g coconut milk or coconut cream
- 1½ tablespoons green curry paste
- 2 tablespoons peanut butter
- salt and pepper
- 80 ml salted peanuts, for decoration
- Peel the onion and cut into thin, uneven wedges. Peel the lower part of the broccoli stem with a potato peeler or a small sharp knife. Cut into thin rods lengthwise so that the florets and the stem are still joined together.
- Heat a generous amount of oil in wok pan or a sauté pan. Sauté broccoli and onion on high heat while stirring for a few minutes. It’s ok if it gets a little brown here and there — will give a nice flavour — but the vegetables should still be crispy. Salt and pepper.
- Slice or dice the chicken meat and add to the pan. Add coconut milk, curry paste and peanut butter and stir. Let simmer for a few minutes to make the flavours come out.
- Salt to taste. Add the peanuts just before serving!
- Serve with zoodles or if you feel that you need a side dish, but it’s great as it is. Use a spoon for the delicious sauce.
If you don’t have any chicken or turkey leftovers you can of course cook the meat before hand any way you want. On the grill, in the frying pan or in the oven. Or buy cooked chicken or turkey. You can also substitute meat with seafood. Skip peanut butter and peanuts if you want to lower your carbs or don’t tolerate legumes.