The wonderful thing about pork chops is they’re like a blank canvas. Why not top them with an array of flavors and textures, packed with silky onions and salty bacon. Create your low-carb masterpiece!
- 55 g uncooked bacon, chopped
- 110 g (160 ml) yellow onions, thinly sliced
- 1⁄8 tsp salt
- 1⁄8 tsp pepper
- 1⁄2 tbsp olive oil, for sautéeing
- 2 (550 g) pork chops, boneless, center-cut loin
- 60 ml beef broth
- 30 ml heavy whipping cream
- salt and ground black pepper, for seasoning
Instructions are for 4 servings. Please modify as needed.
- Place the bacon in a large skillet over medium heat. Cook for about 10-15 minutes or until crisp, turning occasionally. Transfer the bacon to a medium-sized bowl, and leave the bacon grease in the pan. Maintain medium heat.
- Add the onions, salt, and pepper to the skillet. Stir frequently for about 15 to 20 minutes, or until tender. Transfer onions to the bowl with bacon.
- Increase heat to medium-high and add the oil. Season the pork chops with salt and pepper, and place in the skillet. Brown on the first side for 3 minutes. Flip the chops, and reduce the heat to medium. Cook for 7-10 minutes, or until no longer pink in the center. Remove to a platter and tent with foil. Maintain medium heat.
- Pour broth into the skillet and scrape up any browned bits. Add the cream, and stir together for 2-3 minutes, or until the mixture thickens. Add the onions and bacon to the pan, and increase heat to medium-high. Stir frequently, and cook for about 8-10 minutes, or until mixture becomes golden and creamy.
- For serving, top the pork chops with the creamy onion and bacon mixture.
Green it up! Hearty and rich pork chops are perfectly complemented with a generous helping of fresh, spicy greens, such as arugula.
This recipe was originally posted on “All Day I Dream About Food”. Reposted with permission.