Fresh Italian flavors get combined with flaky white fish in this easy high protein meal. The pesto adds just the right amount of zing to complement the melted buffalo mozzarella. Try this for an easy weeknight dish.
- 2 (400 g) white fish fillets
- salt and ground black pepper
- 2 tbsp green pesto
- 140 g (300 ml) fresh mozzarella cheese, sliced
- 1⁄2 (55 g) tomato, sliced
- 240 ml (20 g) arugula lettuce or baby spinach 4 1 tbsp roasted pine nuts (optional)
- 1 tbsp fresh basil for garnish (optional)
- Pre-heat the oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Place the fillets in the dish and season with salt and pepper.
- Smear pesto generously on top of each fillet, then place cheese and tomatoes on top in an alternating pattern. Season with some more salt and pepper. Bake in the oven for 15 to 20 minutes or until the fish is cooked all the way through.
- Serve the fish on a bed of arugula and pour the juices from the baking dish over the dish. Garnish with roasted pine nuts and fresh basil leaves if you’re going for a more fancy presentation.
Use fresh buffalo mozzarella for the best taste!