Prep Time 15 minutes | Cook Time 10 minutes | Total Time 25 minutes
Servings 12 meatballs | Calories 113kcal
- 500 grams grass-fed lean ground beef
- 5-6 cloves roasted garlic or 1 clove raw garlic, minced
- 2-3 slices cooked bacon
- 1 pastured egg
- ½ tsp Himalayan salt
- ¼ tsp ground white pepper
- ¼ tsp ground ginger
- 2 tbsp fresh parsley finely chopped
- 2 green onions finely chopped
- ½ ripe avocado peeled and cut into 12 pieces
- In a small food processor, add the garlic, bacon, egg, salt, pepper and ground ginger and process into a puree.
- Add that to a medium mixing bowl along with ground beef, parsley and green onions and knead well with your hands until uniformly blended. Form the meat mixture into 12 medium sized meatballs (no need to get them super nice and round at this stage)
- Using your thumb, make a dimple in each meatball and place a piece of avocado in that dimple. Delicately work the meat around that piece of avocado to completely encase it and form your meatball into a perfect sphere.
- Heat some coconut oil, ghee or lard in a large skillet over medium high heat. When pan is nice and hot, add the meatballs and cook, turning frequently, until crispy and golden brown all around, about 5-6 minutes total.
- Serve without delay.