This filling antipasto salad is packed with traditional Italian cold cuts and topped with crumbled chilli and basil. It’s low carb, loaded with flavour and requires absolutely zero cooking.
- 275 g Romaine lettuce
- 2 tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
- 150 g mozzarella cheese
- 75 g Parma ham
- 75 g salami
- 150 g canned artichokes
- 75 g canned roasted red peppers
- 30 g sun-dried tomatoes in oil
- 3 tbsp olives
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 75 ml fresh basil
- 1 red chilli pepper, finely chopped
- ½ tbsp sea salt
- Chop or tear the lettuce into smaller pieces. Put on plates or on a large platter. Add the parsley.
- Distribute the antipasto ingredients on top.
- Add basil, finely chopped chilli and salt in a mortar or a small bowl. Crush with a wooden spoon or use the mortar and pestle. Sprinkle over salad and drizzle with olive oil.
This salad is based on classic Italian cold cuts but you can always personalise it to your own liking. For example, you can replace ham and salami with tuna or mackerel in tomato sauce. You can also add chicken leftovers, marinated shrimp or crab meat. For some extra protein, add some boiled eggs.